Critical Incident Stress Management Team Training Certification – Kelowna
January 15 - 17, 2020
This three-day course on January 15, 16 and 17, 2020, will enable your members to obtain two certifications with Bruce Ramsay instructing www.traumaserve.com.
The courses are designed to present the core elements of a comprehensive, systematic and multi-component crisis intervention curriculum. The Group Crisis Intervention course will prepare participants to understand a wide range of crisis intervention services. Fundamentals of Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) will be outlined and participants will leave with the knowledge and tools to provide several group crisis interventions, specifically demobilizations, defusings and the Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD). The need for appropriate follow-up services and referrals when necessary will also be discussed.
- Program Highlights
- Relevant research findings
- Relevant recommendations for practice
- Incident assessment
- Strategic intervention planning
- “Resistance, resilience, recovery” continuum
- Large group crisis interventions
- Small group crisis interventions
- Adverse outcome associated with crisis intervention
- Reducing risks
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)